Starting the Journey
COUNSELLING SESSIONS ARE:
- 1 hour in length.
- Sessions are convenient and confidential FaceTime, Skype or Google Duo, as well as, by phone.
When COVID 19 is cleared, appointments will continue online unless clients prefer an alternative. There is an additional cost for in-home or in-person sessions.
HOURS: Daytime starting at 9 and evening before 7pm.
If your situation is an emergency, please call the Distress Centre at
403-266-4357 or 911.
TYPES OF SESSIONS:
Sessions are structured for individuals, couples and families in various combinations as requested and required.
Individual sessions may, at some point, include other people such as relatives, if necessary.
Couple counselling may include seeing the couple the first time together, and then individually, then back together again.
Family sessions may include all members of the family together and/or it may include various combinations at different times.
Homework between sessions is a key component to accomplishing your goals and making your counselling experience more effective.
THE NUMBER OF SESSIONS:
The number of sessions depends on several factors e.g. the type of problem, willingness to change, availability to attend regular sessions, and several other variables.
Sessions are usually weekly and range from 6-8 weeks.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
Relationship issues including:
- Rejuvenating relationships
- Enhancing communication
- Conflict and crisis
Family communication issues
- Life transitions such as retirement or “empty nest”
- Personal Growth such as changing careers, setting goals
Anger and Stress management
- Premarital counselling
- Divorce issues and children of separation or divorce
- Impact on children regarding parent conflict/anger/abuse
- Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem
Launching teen/young adults